Team, Officer Jr. High and JV & Specialty Division CATEGORIES
Jazz, Kick, Lyrical, Military, Novelty, Modern, Contemporary, Open, Hip Hop, Pom & Prop, Production, Field Routine (Regional contests only - cannot be in open category)
YOU must perform 70% of your team (number on team = all members eligible and not-eligible) at the beginning of 2nd semester !
IT DOES NOT include - managers/escorts.
Should you not dance 70% - you will be entered in Elite division by the MDDTTexas Staff.
1. Each entry must be a minimum of 90 seconds and a maximum of 3:30 minutes in length. (7 min. for production)
2. Entrances and exits are not judged and a total of 5 minutes is allowed in the team category. Routine Set up/Tear down - Please notify us that you are in need of set up or tear down time when you register.
Ensembles- categories compete in their division with public-private and studio competing separately.
Solos- "Tops In Texas"
Public-private and studio compete separately.
Each participant competes with their grade level at all competitions.
Routines should be between 1-1/2 and 3 minutes in length .
(ex - There will be a 3rd grade winner, 4th grade winner etc.)
The winner of each age division of "Tops in Texas " will perform in the gym before the award ceremony.
1. Music may be played from a Computer, Cell, or Tablet with headphone port. You may
have a representative at the table to work the device.
2. The device must be fully charged, and on airplane mode with screen saver off.
3. Each song should be on an assigned playlist.
4. We prefer you only use CD as a backup. If using a CD, yu must have a good quality CD - the quality of music depends on the quality of the recording levels of the CD. They
should be professionally done.
SOMETIMES the competition area does not have wifi capability. Please be sure you have a CD backup